Our office will be opening to all patients on May 18, 2020 with best practice safety measures in place to keep everyone safe during this time. Disinfection between patients is a standard health precaution that we practice daily. We have expanded these disinfection practices to include all common area surfaces, including our optical display area.
A few changes you will notice on your next visit will include:
BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT
- Clear communication before the appointment by email, text, and phone call to go over instructions and Wellness questions. The same questions will be reviewed again when you arrive at the office, along with a non-contact temperature check.
- “Phone check-in” by calling our office when you have parked. Please wait in your car until we let you know we are ready for you.
DURING THE APPOINTMENT
- All visitors will need to have a face covering, as mandated by the County Health Department.
- To maintain physical distancing in the office we are limiting entrance to patients only. Exceptions can be made for guardians of young children or patients that need caretakers.
- Reception area will be clear of magazines to maintain a hygienic environment.
- All eyewear is sterilized before going on our displays.
- Staff will assist you in removing frames from the displays and all frames will be sterilized before returning to display.
- To maintain physical distancing we will be limiting the number of patients in the optical. We advise making an appointment if you would like to visit the optical (exam appointments automatically have time allotted for the optical).
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep every patient safe in our practice. Please call our office at (925) 687-7638 or visit our website. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health.
Looking Glass Optometry